Creating and using subdomains with MAMP Pro
In order to create and use sub-domains with MAMP Pro, follow the steps below:
- Open Mamp PRO, click hosts and create a new host that you will use to map for your primary domain.
- Choose a Location for a new host, and a server name, e.g: mydomain.
- Create another new host that you will use to map for your subdomain, choosing a new location.
- Give a new host a different server name, e.g: subdomain
- For a newly created sub-domain host, click the ‘plus’ sign below the aliases box on the General tab, and create an alias: subdomain.mydomain
- Type in subdomain.mydomain:8888